A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to sit down with Sophie Hansen, author of 'In Good Company' and the beautiful blog Local is Lovely. Sophie, based in Orange, is a guru of all thing’s food & entertaining. Her recipes are our go-to for entertaining friends.
- My personal aesthetic is... Relaxed, fun, colourful.
- Right now, I’m constantly wearing… Jeans, Bensimon sneakers and my Irving & Powell shirts of course!
- The most essential item in my wardrobe is… Can I have a couple? I love a patterned skirt and shirt combo.
- The smell that transports me to a different time and place… Jasmine - reminds me of walking home from the bus after school in summer and dreaming of the long holidays to come.
- My teenage crush was… Johnny Depp!
- This song is the soundtrack to my life… I’m not sure if it’s the soundtrack for my whole life but for my adult life I think ‘Gold in them Hills’ by Ron Sexsmith.
- My guilty pleasure is… Currently? Watching the Bold Type on Stan. It reminds me a bit of my first job in glossy magazines.
- Tonight, for dinner, I’m going to have… My Mum’s lasagna! We are staying with my parents for the holiday and this is my whole family’s favourite thing.
- Right now I’m reading… Dark Emu by Bruce Pascoe.
My invite list – living or dead – to the ultimate dinner party, would be …Ah! That’s a hard one!
My husband (of course!)
Nigella Lawson (because I love her so much!)
Da Vinci (so many questions)
Russel Brand (feel like he would bring some cheek and interesting ideas to the table – have you listened to his podcast yet? So good.)
Emma Thompson (because I feel like she is warmth and humor and good grace all rolled into one)
Hannah Gadsby (because her one woman show ‘Nanette’ was one of the most powerful things I’ve ever seen and I’ve been in awe of her ever since and think she’d bring fab conversation!)
...and I would feed them all… I think I’d do a really beautiful, simple lamb roast with crunchy spuds, good gravy and lots of lovely vegetable sides. And for dessert, a warm lemon curd pudding with ice cream.
My fave way to wear my Franklin shirt…Boring I know but just with my jeans and sneakers. I love how it can make suck a simple outfit feel ‘put together’.